It depends on your business type, your business goals, target audience, and goals of the business. Out of the many social media platforms that exist, every business must mandatorily have their profiles created on the below-listed platforms as they have a huge engaging community and have proven to be successful marketing channels:
- Facebook – Facebook with its 1 billion active users every day, it has become one of the best ways to find your target audience, and get new customers. It’s also a great place to understand and interact with your clients, through private & public groups where customers can join, interact, pose questions, and have a personalized experience with the brand.
- Facebook Messenger: Facebook Messenger even though it is a part of Facebook, it is still a separate app that has to be downloaded to use. It also has Facebook’s large user base and has advertising campaigns that are specifically developed for Facebook Messenger. Businesses can send messages to their customers & reach larger audience and thus is a good platform for lead generation.
- Instagram – With ‘stories’, ‘reels’, ‘IGTV’ Instagram has become an excellent way for brands to literally show (rather than tell) their products, values, and voice. It is a best platform for brand awareness and lead generation.
- Twitter – Twitter is another powerful tool with millions of user base for building brand awareness and connecting directly with your audience.
- LinkedIn – If you are looking for B2B customers or for business partners, Linkedin is an exclusive networking tool for professionals and has revolutionized the way we seek, find, and get hired for jobs. It’s also a pretty good resource for sharing content.
- YouTube – YouTube unlike other social media platforms is a great platform for creating video tutorials , sharing blogs in video form, showing product descriptions, providing news & insights for your viewers.
- Pinterest – Pinterest is another great platform especially for small businesses. It is a great tool to show your products, services, values, share blogs & drive traffic to your site. It is best suited for Home decor, travel, photography, cooking, and such visual content.
- Quora – Quora is a Q&A platform and is a good way to establish yourself as an authority, and share content written such as blogs, article based on the topics being discussed on the platform.
- There are other great platforms too such as Tumblr, Reddit, Snapchat, Tik Tok, Yelp & many more.